Wednesday, October 16, 2013

A listing of which mushers are running which races

We were sitting around the other day, wondering which races various mushers were doing, and it occurred to me that it would be very easy to throw together a list of which mushers are doing which races.  So, I did.  It was basically a cut-and-paste job, using a Google Drive spreadsheet.

I think a lot of people are using spreadsheets only to store data as tables and might not be aware of what kind of data munging, both simple and complex, is available.  In this case I basically just cut and paste race rosters, and then sorted by musher name, using this:



As you can see, under the "Data" menu item there's an option to sort the spreadsheet by a column.  With your mouse, select the column you'd like to sort by (in our case, column A contains the musher names), and it will show up in the menu.  Handy, dandy, and awfully easy.

The spreadsheet is available here.  Let me know if you have questions, comments, or have spotted an error that needs fixing.  I'll be adding races as their rosters come online.

No comments:

Post a Comment