Saturday, October 5, 2013

Race calendar

This year I'm planning on providing more tools and less whining analysis.  Here's an easy one that may or may not be useful.  Because I have to travel for work fairly often I'm trying to get a handle on my schedule this winter, so I've thrown together a calendar of distance mushing events in Alaska on Google Calendar, and since I'm not the only person interested in these things I've made it public.  Here's how to add it to your own calendar on Google.

First, log into Google Calendar from your web browser.  On the left-hand side of the page you'll see "My calendars" and "Other calendars".




If you click the triangle-in-a-box immediately to the right of "Other calendars" you'll get a drop-down menu, like this:




Choose "Add by URL".  This will pop a small dialogue box.  In the text field, paste in (and seriously, copy and paste this rather than typing by hand) "https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/fvidsm2c61mn3tr7106d9kk4ao%40group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics" (without the quotes) and click "Add calendar".


That's it!  Piece of cake.  The calendar is for Alaska distance mushing events.  I'm sure I've missed some and gotten others wrong, so let me know what's missing or needs to be corrected.

Here's looking forward to another great season of dogsled racing!


1 comment: